Alumni & Friends
Our alumni and friends of the Department of History best reflect our successes. Please stay connected with us, and consider giving back to the school.
How did curiosity move you to where you are today? Help us share your success story with today’s students.
You can also:
Support the Department of History. Help students achieve the way you have. The University of Nebraska Foundation makes it easy to give.Give Today
Department of History Alumni Advisory Council
This Council identifies prospective donors, serving as well-informed advocates for the department with relevant constituencies in the University of Nebraska and the state, enhancing and broadening the reputation of the department, and helping to educate, inform, and inspire our undergraduate majors on career decision-making and the value of the history program and major.
Samuel Clark Waugh Distinguished Professor Emeritus of International Relations Lloyd Ambrosius serves as the Department’s Alumni Liaison. The first meeting of the Alumni Advisory Council took place on Oct. 19, 2012, in conjunction with that year’s Carroll R. Pauley Memorial Symposium on “History, Truth, and Reconciliation.”
The inaugural Advisory Council members are:
- John Belohlavek ’67 (M.A.), ’70 Ph.D.; Tampa, FL; Professor of History, University of South Florida (retired)
- Andrea Bjorkland ’86; Davis, CA; Professor of Law, University of California, Davis
- Jack Campbell ’72; Santa Fe, NM; General Electric (retired)
- Don Gerlach ’54, ’56, ’61; Harvard, NE; Professor of History, University of Akron (retired)
- Garth Glissman ’05; Omaha, NE; Attorney at Law, Kutak Rock LLP
- Mary Ann Hanusa ’87 (M.A.); Council Bluffs, IA; State Representative, Iowa Legislature
- Bradley Hansen ’07; Sioux City, SD; Attorney at law
- James Hewitt ’54; Lincoln, NE; Attorney at Law
- Benjamin Knoll ’83; Edina, MN; Chief Operating Officer, Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Bruce Pauley ’61; Windsor, CO; Professor of History, University of Central Florida (retired)
- Nathan Sanderson ’11 (Ph.D.); Pierre, SD; Policy Advisor to the Governor of South Dakota
- Karen Starr ’96; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Senior Manager, Accenture
- Nancy Stohs ’76; Wauwatosa, WI; Editor and journalist
- Natalie Wagner ’02; Cambridge, MA; Attorney at Law, Bank of America
- Don Winslow ’75 (M.A.); Julian, CA; Author